Winterizing your share is a very critical facet of share care. Even during the cold months season your share and devices need to have specific treatment to protect them from stains, range and corrosion. A properly winterized share will also save time and money in the springtime by being easier to reopen.
1. Items Needed: Winter protect, air cushion, winter time dish for skimmer box, gizzmo for skimmer hole, return connect, protect push, narrow better, and a winter time substance ending kit.
2. Fresh your share completely by brushing the walls and vacuuming the bottom. Pool h2o MUST be clear before ending your share.
3. Balance your h2o by adjusting total alkalinity first, then pH, followed by calcium hardness. Make sure your chlorine level is between 3 -5 ppm.
4. Now add the Winter Surprise – dissolve the shock in h2o before adding to share h2o.
5. Next add the Winter Algaecide ( Winterizer) to avoid algae growth over the winter season season.
6. Lastly, add the Stain & Scale Control to avoid staining of the liner over the winter season season.
7. After all the substances have been added, operate share narrow for 8 to 12 hours.
8. Now backwash the narrow and nice and clean the narrow using Filter Cleaner before disconnecting the devices from the share and /or before storing the devices in the house for the winter season season. Never let a narrow remain dirty over the winter season season because deposits and range can harden, leading to major cleanup and potential repair costs in the springtime. Note: Do not use Muratic acidity to clean up narrow grids-the acidity damages the DE plants while sitting over the winter season season.
9. Strain the share h2o 2″ below the lowest eyeball jet. Attach the skimmer closure dish, gizzmo, and return plug(s). Be sure to also drain h2o from the narrow, push, heater, substance feeder, and hose to avoid freeze damage. (Store all devices in the house over the winter season season.)
10. Fresh and shop skimmer container, push strainer container, ladder, hoses, and other share maintenance devices in the house. It is best to shop all items together in a box so you can easily locate everything you need in the springtime. Also shop your test kit and liquid substances in the house and out of the reach of children.
11. Place an air cushion under the protect to help avoid expansion of h2o which could cause wall damage. (Note: Do not fully inflate air cushion.) Use one 4 X 8 air cushion for regularly 12′ to 21′ circular. Use two 4 X 5 air pillows for 24′ circular and above and for all oval regularly. Note: Using share protect clips will help hold your winter time protect on more securely during windy winter time storms.
12. Cover your share with a solid winter time protect to keep dirt and leaves out of your share for an easy springtime clean-up.
13. Important: If a large amount of h2o should collect on your protect over the winter season season, remove by using a siphon or protect push. If you fail to do this, your protect could become too heavy and tear from the excess weight.
14. Following these simple tasks NOW, will allow you to have a NICE and EASY SPRING START-UP.
15. REMEMBER: Closing your share later in fall and opening early in April will help to avoid h2o problems from developing.